Anticipating one delivery date to fall on the wrong side of the other, we'd resigned ourselves to the likelihood of having to take baby home on public transportation, when – surprise! The dealer called. It had arrived, a month in advance.
So goodbye, Petite Rouge and our lifestyle of the past. Hello, Big Blue and all that the future holds.
PS: The carseat's in there too, ready and waiting ....
(Posted for PAIL Bloggers' Monday Snapshot series. Click over to see others' contributions!)
Eeek!! Love it! Nice to have one less "stress" to worry about right now.
ReplyDeleteExactly! Now onto the next "stress" - what color to choose for my maybe-possibly "last" pedicure. Hmmm.
DeleteExciting :) great pics too!
ReplyDeleteIt is! I just can't believe that little monkey will be displaced sometime very soon.
DeleteI love these pictures -- especially the one of the monkey :)
ReplyDeleteWhen I saw the title of your post I was like, "WHEEE! She had the baby!" :)
So glad you will have your own vehicle to take your baby home in!
The title is a bit misleading, isn't it? A dirty trick to hook you in ....
DeleteI too was glad that we could take baby home from the hospital in style - until my husband said he thinks he'll feel too nervous to drive with baby in the backseat and he'd rather take the bus and the train! We'll practice driving around with the monkey for a little while and hopefully he'll get over his anxiety. ;)
Congrats on the new car! What good luck that it came early so that you didn't have to worry about the delivery date when another important delivery date was about to arrive! :-)
ReplyDeleteIt was a nice little stroke of lucky timing! I love when things work out like that.
DeleteOooo...once the car seat's installed, that means you're officially ready for Baby to arrive, right?! And those photos are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWell, almost officially ready. See the comment above about a pedicure.
DeleteCute monkey!!!!! How exciting to get your new car early :)
ReplyDeleteOne cute monkey that will soon be replaced by another!
DeleteWe ordered new furniture when we moved to Sacramento, ditching our old college couches in Orange county. I was 18 weeks pregnant. I'm now 27 weeks pregnant and still sitting on a beach chair waiting for our furniture. I really, really, really hope our delivery comes early, too!! I can't wait to your babe!!
ReplyDelete"to meet" - I skipped that part...
DeleteI hope so too, for your sake - although beach-chair-sitting sounds so ... beachily festive, although perhaps less so if there's a little one on your lap!
DeleteCongratulations on reaching the third trimester!
One less thing to worry about! Now, onto that second delivery...
ReplyDeleteI'll be waiting by the phone for the call that tells me that the second delivery's ready for pick-up.
DeleteSo glad the delivery dates fell in the right order! (Although I was super excited when I first saw the title of this post!)
ReplyDeleteThat was a bit of a low-down dirty trick, wasn't it? Next one will be for real, I swear!
DeleteYay! Love that pic of the car seat.
ReplyDeleteThanks! The little monkey was a present.
DeleteYay for the early delivery of your new car! One less thing to worry about. Although, it cracks me up, the new worry about having to drive it now :)
ReplyDeleteIf it's not one worry, it's another, right?!
Delete