I started packing for the birthing time a couple of weeks ago, when things got really real. And by "started packing," I mean that I made an awesome list of things not to forget, pulled a little suitcase up the stairs from the cellar, and ... realized that most of what I'll need then, I need now.
So the packing came to a halt, but that's okay; I like to think that I work better under pressure, anyway. I'm sure a few not-so-widely-spaced contractions will give me the impetus needed to finish the job. But if nothing else, at least I'll have travel-sized toiletries and the chance to perform a literary review of the happenings of the preceding nine months.
(Posted for PAIL Bloggers' Monday Snapshot series. Click over to see others' contributions!)
I am so excited for you to be getting to "this point." Wishing all sorts of good things for you in the weeks (days?!) ahead and can't wait to hear THE news. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for your sweet wishes! We are so excited too :)
DeleteLOL, as long as you have a list ready, you'll be fine. Just tell your husband NOT TO BUG YOU if you're in the middle of a contraction and he has a question about the list. Take it from me. :)
ReplyDeleteOh to have been a fly on the wall then!!
DeleteHehe. I might be too afraid of being a fly on the wall then!
Deleteyou're almost there!!! yay!!!
ReplyDeleteThe final stretch ... thanks for your cheer of encouragement!
DeleteYeah, I'm thinking the beginning of labour is probably the best time to pack. That's what I'm going with, anyway. :)
ReplyDeleteI think the trick is to have the list ready. If not, then I'll be comforted knowing I won't be the only one at risk of showing up empty-handed on the big day!
DeleteCute! Almost there!!!!
ReplyDeleteYep! Unbelievable.
DeleteI remember having the same issue when it came to packing. It's getting so close!
ReplyDeleteYes it is ... and the suitcase is in exactly the same state as it was last week!
DeleteKind of like going on vacation. You can't fully pack everything in your luggage till you are headed out the door. Okay, having a baby is a bit more important than a vacation, but it's the only thing I have to compare it too! Haha! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteExactly! Just as long as the list is on hand, though ....
Delete