But the back has almost healed and the crampy contractions have mostly stopped and I've been "clean" (i.e., conscious) for almost three weeks now. If guiltiness is the price for that, I'll pay it.
***
Being calm physically has turned me limp and listless mentally. I settle in to read and can't be bothered to pick up my book. I look at a screen but have no energy to type. I put on my coat to go out to do something, anything, and then change my mind and flop on the couch and just sit there, all bundled up, until an inquisitive word (or meow) pulls me out of my reverie.
***
So I'm quiet, because what else is there to talk about? Not much. Banalities that are hardly scintillating. Choosing a pediatrician. Thinking about health insurance. Buying a baby-friendly-mobile (minivan-esque but so much cooler). Searching, seemingly impossibly, for part-time childcare in a country where the majority of citizens indicate through voting their belief that a woman belongs at home with the children, where nurseries have waiting lists of five times as many infants as they have places for and estimated wait times mean that baby will no longer be that but rather a toddler by the time a space opens up. Et cetera.
Banalities, but ones that I am so happy to have to deal with.
| limp like plucked dandelions. |
If rest is what your body needs, it tells you so! That's okay!!
ReplyDeleteThat's what I need to remember. Thanks for the reminder!
DeleteI'm glad that you are resting. I know that it makes you feel lazy but I'm sure that your body thanks you!!
ReplyDeleteMy body, yes - but the mind's another creature ....
DeleteI'm glad that you are feeling better even though it has required a little laziness. Sometimes that is okay, especially when it is necessary for your health and the baby. Seems funny that laziness = good for you, huh? Form reading your blog, I have no doubt that will not be a permanent thing. Hang in there!!
ReplyDeleteIt does seem funny, and that's why I'm not comfortable with it ... yet. And that's a good reminder, that it's not permanent. Thank you, as always, for the encouragement!
DeleteRest and laziness is probably the best thing for you right now! Growing a baby takes a lot of energy; I am reminded of that every day. Just take care of yourself and try to enjoy the calm.
ReplyDeleteIt's true, it does ... thank you for the reminder and the encouraging words.
DeleteI'm glad you're feeling better even though it's forced laziness on you. If that's what it takes to get your baby home, then that's what it takes. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteVery true. And perhaps in two months I'll be wishing for a little chance to be lazy!
DeleteSo so glad everything is going well! Baby is going to be here before you know it :)
ReplyDeleteEek! I think you're right about that.
DeleteI wish you lived down the road and then you could bring your little one to me as I shall soon be up and running as a childminder. Do they have those where you are?
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are resting and looking after yourself, plenty of time for exercise when you have a little one to run around after.
That's not the only reason it would be lovely to live just down the road! They do have "mamans de jour" and the like here, but it's the same problem. Much too much demand, not enough supply.
Delete