We had another check-up the other day, at just shy of 35 weeks. Baby now weighs about two and half kilograms. That's the size of a "real" baby, albeit a small one. It's in a cephalic anterior position, ready to go.
"This is how you need to widen the pelvic opening, no matter what position you're in for the birth," the doctor explained, pushing my legs apart and back.
The birth?
And then, a little while later: "Your next appointment will be in three weeks, if – "
If what? "If the baby's still inside then."
That's an if?
That appointment will be our last one scheduled with her. Any following it – insert that "if" again – will be at the hospital, for closer monitoring.
For so long, time dripped as dewdrops fall from a leaf, and now those dewdrops race like a river.
35 weeks already! Gosh I feel like this has flown by.
ReplyDeleteOther people's pregnancies always do, emphasis on the "other people's"!
DeleteEek!!! So close!!
ReplyDeleteI had Stella at 38w on the nose. It's definitely possible you'll have that baby in your arms before your next appt. ;)
Yikes! All of a sudden I feel totally unprepared!!
DeleteOh yes....this is happening, lol!
ReplyDelete!!!
DeleteWow I can't believe you are 35 weeks already!! You are almost there!!
ReplyDeleteI know ... that's what I can't believe either!
DeleteHow exciting!
ReplyDeleteExciting, with just the tiniest drop of terrifying mixed in there too!
Delete35 weeks!! So close to finding out who the beautiful little baby is. I think girl :) You are also the tiniest little pregnant woman I've ever seen--so cute. Praying for a happy, healthy little one whenever he comes! Enjoy your last few weeks sans-baby.
ReplyDeleteGirl would be easier - we have both clothes and a name, unlike for a boy - but two "experts" have appraised me and told me it's a boy. Hmmm. I give each of you 50-50 odds of success ;) Thank you for your prayers!
DeleteCannot. Believe. You are. 35 weeks. Already.
ReplyDeleteSo exciting!
A moment always seems like it will never arrive, and then it does.
Delete35 weeks?! Where has the time gone??? I'm so excited for you. This really is REAL!
ReplyDeleteI don't know where it's gone, but somehow, it went. Funny how that happens!
DeleteAlmost there!!! WOW!
ReplyDeleteMy mind keeps flashing an all-caps WOW, too!
DeleteI also had my kid at exactly 38 weeks- though he was big- close to 9 lbs... So get ready ! :)
ReplyDeleteWe are so ready - except in the areas where we're not! Time to change that.
DeleteSo exciting!!! Hopefully the next few weeks go by fast. Can't wait until you can hold your precious baby in your arms!
ReplyDeleteFast but not too fast ... half of the things on the to-do list are still unchecked! When I saw your picture of B's little face the other day, I thought, I can't believe I'll be looking at this one's little face soon, too. Crazy.
DeleteGah! I can't believe how close you are and I'm so excited for you! I hope the next few weeks fly by for you.
ReplyDeleteMe too, but not too quickly - there's still so much left to do!
DeleteIsn't it crazy? Time flies! I turned 37 weeks today and it's so surreal! Very exciting though!!
ReplyDelete37 weeks - that's fully authorized go time! Best of luck these next few weeks.
DeleteI've been out of the blogging loop for a while. I'm so excited for you! You are about to have the most wonderful gift! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's a beautiful way of looking at it! Thank you.
DeleteAaaahhhhh! I think that about sums it up ;) So very excited for you.
ReplyDeleteJust about - might want to change the lowercase to all-caps and add a few more exclamation marks! That'll do it.
DeleteI just read all your entries from "faint positive" to 35 weeks! What great entries (as evidenced by all the comments on each post! *Jelly* <--- try that american euphenism in Switzerland, ha ha)!! Your reaction to learning you were pregnant, and the paralyzing fears of ultrasounds (as opposed to the women on the forums excitement) reminds me sooooo much of myself. That first trimester was absolutely scary. I can't even listen to music that I liked during first trimester- it brings back so much apprehension. I'm so glad that everything has thus far been great! (Minus the walking pain but I know that you'd never change a thing..) Congratulations on this baking bun in your oven - you are almost at the end! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for coming over! I'm glad you found something here that spoke to you, even though that anxiety of the early days isn't anything I'd wish on anybody. And you're right, I am very lucky to have received such wonderful feedback from some wonderful bloggie friends! Congratulations on reaching the third trimester and feeling so much kicking - it's an amazing sensation - and good luck to you as you too enter the final countdown!
DeleteCan you believe it??? Time goes so slow, seems to take forever, and then all you want to do is say WAIT A MINUTE! I'm not ready! I'm excited for you and wishing you a very smooth delivery, whenever that may be.
ReplyDeleteThat's exactly how it feels! There was so much time remaining at the beginning that the end just kind of sneaks up. Thank you for your wishes!
DeleteYour little one is almost here! It doesn't matter how ready (or not) you feel--once you're holding your baby in your arms, those un-checked to-dos will be the last thing on your mind!
ReplyDeleteSo true! I'll keep that in mind as I pretend not to see what hasn't yet been checked off.
Delete