Saturday, February 09, 2013

Welcome.

What better welcome back to Switzerland than another look inside, another confirmation that all is going well? (Well, what better welcome besides the one received from the tall handsome Swiss waiting in the arrivals zone with the assessment that I'm no "fatter" than I was three and a bit weeks ago, recent excessive consumption of very-early-release Cadbury Mini-Eggs be damned.)

Baby's the weight of four fondues now, more than double that it was last month, putting satisfactory end to my mostly but not totally suppressed fears that the day-behind measurement after a string of week(s)-ahead ones was the start of an alarming downward trend. I myself am up too many fondues to imagine: two and a half kilograms total. Perhaps those Mini-Eggs did have a little effect, after all.

This appointment's pictorial offering: a jumble of hands, arms, feet, and legs (peek at them all here). So that's what's been pummeling me – finally, and quite welcomely – these last couple of weeks.

We – or, rather, I, given the color, flowery adornments, and "mama" label – also received another take-home present, a big pink suitcase-style box stuffed with all kinds of goodies meant to fuel my consumeristic loyalties. I doubt that, but it's sure fun to play.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that things are going so well. Exactly how things should be going! And those Cadbury eggs sound delicious...even if it's not yet Valentine's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they're crazy early! I was very happy to find them in Target just after Christmas, hidden behind all the Valentine's Day sweets. I immediately overlooked all the heart-shaped boxes and went straight to the good stuff.

      Delete
  2. Yay I love the pics!! So glad everything is going great for you and baby. Thinking about Cadbury Eggs is making my mouth water. I am buying a couple of bags to eat after delivery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad everything is going well. I'm sure Gilles is glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other than during my jetlagged moments of grumpiness, yes :) Thank you for your thoughts!

      Delete
  4. Welcome home! So glad to hear that baby is doing well. :)

    And now I'm craving an Easter Creme Egg...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently you can find Creme Egg ice cream in England. My mom and I are trying to figure out how we can import some ....

      Delete

Your words brighten my day! Thank you for taking the time to let me know what you're thinking.