Thursday, January 19, 2012

The new mattress.

Before this whole miscarriage thing put my body into the spotlight, all the attention was for poor Gilles, who’d been suffering from horrible back, shoulder, and arm pain due to a pinched nerve in his spinal column. He thought our old mattress might be to blame and, deciding it was time for a new one, stopped by a mattress shop on the way home from work.

As he was mattress shopping without his bed buddy, the mattress shop lady asked him about my weight. “Not as much as it will be in a few months,” he said with a wink. It was his one opportunity to hint to somebody that I was pregnant.

But I am no longer, and the mattress was delivered today.

I should add, however, that I might still reach that previously anticipated weight in a few months, if this chocolate I can’t stop eating has any effect on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words brighten my day! Thank you for taking the time to let me know what you're thinking.