Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The ladies' room.

Earlier this evening, ready to slink out of the almost-empty building after a long day of lessons endured as both student and teacher, I stopped in the bathroom to pee, taking the nearest of the three stalls. My mobile device was already in hand so I could have a little music for the trek home, and I thought, well, since I'm going to be sitting for a moment, why don't I just take a quick look at my blogroll as a little reward for a day well done?

So I did. But somehow I got sucked in (you girls know exactly how that can happen, don't you?), and a quick look quickly turned into a not-so-quick look, and then into a rather long look. Fifteen minutes later, I was still perched comfortably there, until I caught glimpse of the time and realized I'd have to run if I wanted to make the next train.

Reluctantly I tore myself away from blogland and went to stand.

That's when I heard an almost imperceptible noise.

I bent over, head by my ankles, and peered under the stall dividers.

There was someone in the farthest stall.

Someone who had been quietly huddling in that stall while I was quietly perusing blogs in my own.

Someone who had been very patiently waiting for me to leave.

I washed my hands and ran away, giggling fiendishly.

borrowed ethically from source

15 comments:

  1. I totally get it! It is my favorite addiction. I just can't help but want to know what is going on with you ladies. Just seeing that you posted made me excited. I hope you are enjoying your class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee hee hee. But I totally get how that could happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ja,ja love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! That happens to me at work all the time! They must think I have a very bad tummy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no! I always rush when I know someone is waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just the laugh I needed first thing this morning! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny! I do feel sorry for the shy pooper, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yet another good example of why I love working from home- I can poop as freely and as anonymously as my little heart desires. Though I do lack these great b/r stories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel so sorry for the lady with the shy bladder. I can totally relate (although I'm not sure I'd have waited so long).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hilarious! Only because I've been in both places!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hilarious! But I feel so sorry for that lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I started giggling again this morning when I walked into the same bathroom and had the thought that perhaps the other lady thought I too was a shy bathroom user. Nope. Just an avid blog reader.

    ReplyDelete

Your words brighten my day! Thank you for taking the time to let me know what you're thinking.