If you’re not, no need to keep reading.
After finding out on Monday that the pregnancy was likely not viable, I began, on Tuesday night, to have light cramping and bleeding that developed into what was like a light period Wednesday. On Friday night, after several days of bleeding, I passed what a nurse described as “a pebble of blood” when translated into English. It wasn’t the end, as ultrasounds on Saturday and Monday still showed the (growing) sac.
On Monday night, I passed another “pebble.” This time it was the end, as we found out on Wednesday. I continued bleeding lightly for a few more days, and then that was that.
In all, the bleeding lasted ten days. It was never very heavy and was only rarely accompanied by light cramping and other period-like symptoms such as tender breasts. It's almost like it was nothing! For that, at least, I’m thankful.
Wow. This was so very different from my experience. I passed 3-4 massive clots and have a a lot of bleeding. Of those 1-2 were huge like the size of my hand.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds rough. I'm not sure even an eight-dropper would be enough for something like that! Sorry you had to go through that, physically, on top of everything else.
DeleteThank you for sharing your experience. Ive not begun bleeding yet, and emotionally its what I'm finding to be the most difficult. According to my Dr I have a 50% chance of it passing naturally, if it doesn't pass in a week, then I get some sort of vaginal suppositories, and if that doesn't work, a week later a D&C. The idea of waiting another 3 weeks is horrifying and surreal to me. I was also handed a box, that is supposed to be used by medical personnel only, shows graphic pictures of what to send them and what not to, if I want a chromosomal test done on the embryo. I will have to keep the tissue, wash it, until there is no blood, and then put it in a jar, and into a bio-hazard bag. The idea of this is almost too much for me. If I would start bleeding I think I could handle it better, but I haven't and the who;e thing is like some kind of surreal horror story.
ReplyDeleteYou poor thing - I'm sure it's absolutely horrendous to have to wait for what you know the future holds. I was "lucky" in that the bleeding started soon after we heard that the pregnancy was likely, but not (at that point) certainly, doomed, so we didn't have to suffer quite like that. And the photo-accompanied procedures for the medical box sound truly disturbing. I'm so sorry you have to go through this terrible trial but have no doubt you'll come out on the other side, stronger than ever. Thinking of you xo.
Delete