Even just getting out of the house in the morning is a challenge. My typical morning schedule had bloated into a large and unwieldy creature. A few cups of morning tea with as much newspaper scanning and blog commenting as I'd like? Check. A leisurely shower with optional bath add-on should I decide my hair needs deep-conditioning, my face needs mud-masking, or my book needs reading? Yep. On the days of putting on something beyond lounging gear, an in-depth exploration of my closet and potential ways to segue its beach-appropriate components into Swiss mountain style? Yep, indeed.
All of that is fine, of course, if it's taking time that would otherwise be used for whatever else it is I used to do to fill my days. (What did I do all day?) But when I'd have to get up three hours early to fit it all in before heading off to do two week's worth of studies in one, something needs to change. And it has. I haven't had a bath or deep-conditioned or even blog-commented in ages! A whole ten days, even!
In what feels like a past life, I worked really hard, for really long hours. I'd forgotten all about it and how good it can feel. This is an excellent reminder, and I'm so pleased for it.
***
If there's one thing more tedious than hearing somebody talk about how buuusssssy they are and how difffffffficult it is to fit everything in, it's hearing them talk about it in the context of their having small children. (And yes, I'm glaring at you, nice lady classmate who is, I know thanks to a birthdate-personalized email address, exactly the same age as me. Just for that extra little pinprick.)
I could totally sympathize.
Except I totally won't.
![]() |
| borrowed ethically from source |

I have no idea what stops me looking these people dead in the eye and saying 'would you prefer to do it all WITHOUT children?'. Hold gaze until they look away, flushed and self-conscious, then steal the nice biscuits and the last of the coffee.
ReplyDeleteI dont sympathize with those with children either. LOL! Im glad you are enjoying yourself. I might go make a cup of coffee, and relish in some peace and quiet.
ReplyDeletePS. Last night, my husband and I watched "Friends with Kids". We found ourselves looking at each other like... holy shitballs those kids suck! However my kids will be awesome! ;)
It is good to hear your voice! It is nice to fill up long hours, isn't it? I'm glad that course is going well.
ReplyDeletethought about you today.... glad you posted (and commented, thanks).
ReplyDeleteglad to hear the course is going well. And I'm sure you'll have time for long baths and reading blogs again before you know it!!
Sounds like a very busy course. I'm sure once it's all over you'll be in need of a nice, long bath to unwind!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are busy and enjoying the course. We miss you though! Cant wait for our little meet up. I am glad you were able to pop on and say hi.
ReplyDeleteHaha the last two lines sum up how I totally feel when people complain about how tough life is with children lol! Great to hear things are going well on the course!
ReplyDeleteYeah I just got one of those types of comments this morning. A coworker asked me what I did this past weekend. When I told her we drove several states away to get lobster one evening, she promptly told me how difficult that would be with a 3yo and a 3mo (she knows about my struggels, too). Thanks for reminding me chickie. Some people! Anyways, I am glad you are busy lately so hopefully that is making the time pass quickly. I have been missing your bloggy though. So glad you were able to check in with us! :)
ReplyDeleteGood to hear the course is going well!As for those people i hate those! the type that tell you how 'jealous' they are of your quiet weekends. How much would I love mine not to be quiet any more. Boo to them!
ReplyDeleteHey! So good to hear how things are going for you. It sounds like you are enjoying the class. Sometimes just having a place to go in the morning is nice. There seems to be an increase in people saying stupid things lately, I wonder if we can blame the hole in the Ozone? Keep up the hard work!
ReplyDelete