I've been feeling better lately so thought I'd be up for it. A few steps along the trail and it was clear that a mistake had been made. Still, I soldiered on, trailing my better half like a loyal but overwhelmed puppy, stopping only, like any exhausted little dog would, for a good whine every now and then.
When we arrived at the lookout, the Alpine peaks were rising out of the sea of mist like a shortened but no less majestic version of themselves.
Not that I noticed.
| that is a cliff edge. |
Did this pathetic sight lead my sweet and loving husband to tenderly caress my forehead and squeeze drops of water into my mouth from the handkerchief gallantly pulled from his breast pocket and soaked in the nearest mountain stream? Well, if by that we mean "poke me pitilessly with a stick," then yes. And if by "stick" we mean "giant branch," then yes, even more so.
| post-revival re-enactment. |
Again, though, not that I noticed.
So it wasn't the most successful of outings. But knowing the reason why, how could we complain?
Oh man sorry that you got up there and couldn't really enjoy things. Very beautiful shot though! :) You are getting much more exercise that I got when I was as far along as you, though. I pretty much parked it on the couch! Love that you brought the pic of baby with you for the hike!
ReplyDeleteThe couch is where I am the rest of the time ....
DeleteGorgeous, gorgeous :) I'm sorry you felt crappy. My hubs would've done the same thing. Hope you start feeling better soon, but you're right, that beautiful pic makes everything worth it.
ReplyDeleteOur husbands would make a terrible pair! Can you imagine the mischief?
DeleteBeautiful view! I'm sorry that you couldn't enjoy it... but then again you have a great reason. :-)
ReplyDeleteAt least I have the photos to look back on.
DeleteOh, you are a brave woman! I can barely handle a short trip to the grocery store these days.
ReplyDeleteLove the photos. :)
I'd much prefer a hike than a trip to the grocery store. Just the sight of vegetables makes me want to lose it!
DeleteHang in there!!! You are doing GREAT!!!!!! Soooo happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteThank you dear Lucy! I hope you're still doing wonderfully too.
DeleteAww sucky. It's such an unbearable feeling. I'm glad you had your supportive husband there to prod you along :)
ReplyDeleteLay low and feel better!
Prod is the perfect word for it. I hope you're feeling well yourself.
Deletehaha! Typical man! Hopefully all the nausea will subside soon.
ReplyDeleteHope so too ... it's been on and off lately rather than all on, so that's a good start.
Delete1. Always so jealous of your pictures.
ReplyDelete2. I freaking love that you're being poked with a stick. LOVE.
3. That kid looks like he's waving. Hellooooo, baby!
1. You can make me jealous right back with some of the sun, sand, and palm tree variety.
Delete2. I must admit I love it too.
3. Helloooooo to you too!
That last picture made me cry. I cannot wait to see the "sequel" picture... you know, the one of your two year old child sitting atop that mountain top, grinning a toothy toddler grin. Everything about this post (including that sad but somehow funny pic of you all wiped out, AND being poked by a friggin LOG (!)) was just beautiful. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you ... your comment brought a tear to my eye too! In fact, I brought this photo along in the hopes that there would be a sequel (or many) in the years to come - perhaps minus the log.
DeleteThese pictures are great. Sorry you felt like poo, though.
ReplyDeletehope you feel better soon....Love the pictures of the mountains!! xx
ReplyDeletePerhaps they brought back some memories!
DeleteLove this. Feel better. I am so happy for you guys.
ReplyDeleteHahaha - oh man, I can't believe you stuck it out! Love that last picture. :)
ReplyDeleteThe thought of a nap on the summit was the only thing that kept me going!
DeleteOh yay! I came to check out your profile and see you were in terms of getting your own bebe and you are 12 weeks! I loved this post and think your husband looks like a lovely guy hehe. I also greatly enjoyed the hot dog one...so look forward to readin back a whole lot further but an off to bed as it's 11pm here in New Zealand.
ReplyDeleteThanks for coming over! I'm glad you found something you liked and look forward to reading more of your story too. Hope you got your beauty sleep!
DeleteI can't believe he poked you with a branch, lol. Hope you're feeling better soon and you can enjoy things more. And that's a great ultrasound pic. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks ... I like the wave.
DeleteHello from ICLW! The photo of your hubby poking you with a stick made me giggle, Thanks for stopping by to comment on Gypsy Mama! I came by to check out your blog in return, and I like it so much I am now following you! loooove the ultrasound photo, sending lots of good vibes your way :)
ReplyDeleteThank you, Mia! I'm glad you found something here you liked and I look forward to following you throughout your Mexican adventures, too.
DeleteMr Spouse would definitely poke me with a branch...
ReplyDeleteHere from ICLW. But I think I've been here before!
Yes, last month I think! Nice to see you again, and nice to know we have something in common: mischievous husbands.
DeleteHi from ICLW. Hope you have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Rebecca - you too.
DeleteThe pictures really made this post awesome - love it! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteVisiting from ICLW.
http://inthetesseract.blogspot.ca
Thank you, and thank you for coming over!
DeleteHow exciting!!
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteGorgeous views!
ReplyDeleteMy DH wouldn't have noticed. He's not very observant ;-)
Now I'll have to think about what's worse, being poked by a branch or not being noticed! I think your hubby is too much of a sweetie for that, though.
Delete