Autumn foliage is still falling, but winter arrived yesterday, with a vengeance: sub-zero temperatures, icy winds, and snowfall, too. The contrast of the yellows and reds and browns against the pure white was magnificent, but today's dazzling sunlight and milder temperatures have turned the splendour to nothing but a messy slush of melting leaves. All appreciation of nature's wonder was lost to me as I stepped on a particularly treacherous patch, slipping and falling but landing squarely and solidly on my most-well-padded part.
If I weren't turning over a new leaf myself, I'd be totally freaking out that I just killed the baby.
Oh my lovely, that must have really shaken you up. I know all will be fine, just as you do, but I also know how scary that must have been. I hope you are not too bruised and please, please, don't do it again.
ReplyDeleteEeek! I hope you are ok!
ReplyDeleteYikes. That's my fear here, too, now that we're in the snowy weather. Perhaps you could look into spending the remainder of your pregnancy on a soft, cushy beach?
ReplyDeleteHope you're doing ok.
I like Jenny's idea :) I know just the beach too! I'll have to meet you there :) Do stay safe!!
ReplyDeleteSnow already, wow. Get your boots out!
ReplyDeleteOutch! Hope you are doing OK. Stay safe!
ReplyDeleteUgh, winter is arriving here in the Rocky Mountains as well. BRRRR. I'm glad your post well padded part was able to cushion the fall. ;)
ReplyDeleteUff, Im glad you are okay! Curses mother nature, curses!
ReplyDeleteWe are supposed to get some of the effects of hurricane Sandy including wind gusts of 60+. My heart goes out to those on the East Coast though. Needless to say all of our pretty leaves will be gone.
ReplyDeleteOoof! Sorry you fell, but at least you landed on a part that could handle it. Try not to worry. I know it's hard, but try!
ReplyDeleteHow scary. I'm glad you landed on your behind and everything is okay with the baby. The leaves we still have are all blowing away today as Sandy moves up the coast.
ReplyDeleteI have that soft cushy beach at my doorstep. Open invite to all and soft landings guaranteed!
ReplyDeleteYes, winter is sneaking up on up here too. Stay safe!
ReplyDeleteThose babies are so cushioned in there! However, it helps that there was the extra layer of "padding" you landed on. I could fall on my butt and the baby wouldn't even feel it since there is so much padding!
ReplyDeleteThis beach idea is a fantastic one - I'm game, if you'll all join me too!
ReplyDelete