Thursday, October 04, 2012

The wheel turns.

"The wheel turns" is one of Gilles's favorite expressions. No matter how bad it may feel, no matter how bad it is – the wheel turns. Things change. Things get better.

I believe it but for so long I didn't feel it. But then: this happened. And as far as I know, as much I can blindly trust, it's still happening.

Then last week I submitted an application, my first, for a teaching position. In a time even quicker than my record for rejection for positions related to my first profession (two and a half business hours, if you'd like to grimace along with me), I received an invitation for an interview. I went this Monday and was told to expect a call on Friday, after other applicants had been interviewed. On Tuesday, when the phone rang, I wasn't anticipating it to be what it was: an offer. Today I went in to sign the contract, and I begin training next week.

It's a very part-time position, but it's a start. A great one.

The wheel turns.

31 comments:

  1. Congrats!! So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, my friend! That's wonderful! Keep on turnin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful, congratulations. I am glad the sojourn to the UK was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gasp! Is Gilles a Robert Jordan fan?!

    Also, and more importantly, congratulations on the job! Super exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the risk of disappointing you, no, it's a French expression. But I googled Robert Jordan to see what you were referring to, and it sounds like he has an interesting concept of the wheel of time turning, too.

      Delete
    2. Honestly, it is pretty awful fantasy fiction, but I am a sucker for authors that build entire worlds ie Tolkien and Martin. Jordan is not Tolkien or Martin, but I read 'em anyway.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! That is wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news! Congratulation, the wheels are turning indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!! That is awesome. I'm so happy to see that everything is going in your favor at the moment. And I love Gilles's expression - he's right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Gilles, he's a smart one.

    Congrats my friend, I'm thrilled through and through for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome news! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that the wheel is turning for you. It's about time! Congrats on the new job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Congratulations! The wheel is certainly turning for you. You're world is filling up with amazing-ness very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats!! So happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, my dears - I'm thrilled to have this wonderful opportunity, and your kind words make it even sweeter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What wonderful news! I am so happy for you! The wheel turns indeed. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. So exciting that you got the job! Congrats to you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! That's fantastic news!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful news! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  20. awesome news on the job! you must have impressed the pants or skirts off them if they phoned back so quickly!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your words brighten my day! Thank you for taking the time to let me know what you're thinking.