Friday, April 20, 2012

Oh yeah, that.

There is an important, long-anticipated activity on today's calendar: an outing with a group of friends to a wine festival held in a lovely rustic old wood-beamed railway hall in a nearby town. One receives a glass at the door and then wanders around to different stands to talk with wine producers from all around the world and sip politely on their recommended offerings. All very sophisticated and elegant.

There's something else on the calendar, too, also important and long-anticipated: the end of that two-week wait I mentioned ... two weeks ago. Which is when I noticed the coincidence of the two events and informed Gilles that either I would be staying home the night of the wine festival to tenderly cuddle with a lovely pretty little blastocyst, or I would be going with bells on and a glass in each hand, no sophistication or elegance about it.

I hope my only taste of sour grapes today is this thought: I didn't want to miss the festival, anyway. Because if there's anything I deserve tonight, it's that fruit, in its most deliciously fermented, decidedly unsour form.

10 comments:

  1. I would much rather you be prego, but am glad that you had a lovely event already planned. Drink a glass for me! I've been sick all week and just don't see any wine in my future this weekend. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the festival sounds lovely :) but of course, the blastocyst sounds even lovelier. Can't wait to hear which one you "choose." Thanks for reading my blog!! I enjoy yours immensely

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really drink wine but I love wine tasting. I am a strange girl. I hope you get to stay home and cuddle. When will you find out? If not then just go out and have a really good time drinking some really good wine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah. I'm sorry, lady. I am glad that you have a fabulous event to attend as a distraction from this ALI crap. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm rooting for you over here!!! When will you find out?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking that once you get your thyroid straightened out you will be pregnant in no time! I hope you have a great wine tasting. This is always my advice for a night of drinking...don't throw up on anyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might have been a bit too cryptic - this month was a bust, probably a good thing given the risk of miscarriage with my TSH at this level. But despite a few tears, I ended up having a lovely time wine-tasting, as this lingering headache reminds me, and I even found a few laughs too. Thank you all for your lovely support xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry it didn't happen this month but glad the wine-tasting was a fun distraction. I agree with Audrey. Take care of the thyroid issue, and hopefully things will go smoothly from there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. my month was a bust as well thinking of you !!!!

    needsatimeout

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw crap! I'm sorry. I'll have a glass in your honor tonight. Come on thyroid!

    ReplyDelete

Your words brighten my day! Thank you for taking the time to let me know what you're thinking.