Friday, April 06, 2012

Well, this was worth staying home for!

It's Friday night here, and after a lovely day spent hiking around a river source and drinking Monacos on a lively terrace overlooking the high street of a pretty little French village (yes, international borders were crossed), we're spending it quietly at home - which, for me, involves getting caught up on all the blogs I've missed reading since yesterday afternoon. (So long ago, I know!)

Imagine my surprise and happiness when I came across this post and saw my own words included. I'm touched and honored and so very grateful to be counted. Thank you, Mel!

where the river starts. from underground!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your Friday evening at home! We're off to the in-laws for supper shortly. Sounds like you had a pretty full day. I've never had a Monaco before so I had to look it up. Sounds delish! Oh, and so proud that you were featured on the Blog Roundup. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I had a little moment of pride myself, too :)
      If you think the Monaco sounds good, you might also like the idea of a Hambourgeoise - a blend of beer, sparkling wine, and raspberry syrup. I had one at a Bavarian-style pub last week and became instantly hooked. (Yes, I am clearly making the most of being not pregnant!)
      I hope you had a happy Easter weekend and that that day wasn't too difficult for you.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Elizabeth.. the day was actually quite okay. Wow! Keep these drinks ideas coming. You're tempting me to fly to Switzerland for one of them!

      Delete

Your words brighten my day! Thank you for taking the time to let me know what you're thinking.