(If you are here for ICLW, welcome, and please check out my little introduction here! And if you are not here specifically for ICLW, well, I would love for you to comment anyway.)
***
Back in the day, my day of being an English major (before deciding that, actually, psychobiology might be more of my calling – and oh ho, how wrong I was about that too), I wrote a nice little essay inspired by Shakespeare's Measure for Measure, comparing the fulfillment of the letter of the law versus its spirit and presenting myself firmly as a supporter of the latter.
Today I'm turning coat. Here's a post that complies with the letter of NaBloPoMo's law, if not its spirit.
It's been a busy day, beginning with a four-hour French language certificate examination so very early this morning, followed by a late lake-side lunch in the company of a new friend, and continuing with a walk along the shore among the sunshine and shadows of newly blooming magnolia trees. Now it's time to start preparing a lovely quiet little dinner for two, featuring fresh-from-the-farm Brussels sprouts in one of the only vegetable recipes I ever truly crave. (Perhaps the creamy, wine-y sauce has something to do with that?) And who knows, it just might be time to open the champagne that got overlooked last Sunday in the mad rush for something to take that BFN edge off a bit more efficiently. After 24 (and counting) solid days in a row of blogging, it's well-merited, yes?
So, until tomorrow. Happy Saturday!
What are your plans for this first weekend of spring? And what is your most crave-worthy veggie recipe?
I too find brussells sprouts aong the only veggies that I crave!
ReplyDeleteIt's funny, I always hated them until making this recipe! Before I'd only ever eaten them boiled, which really doesn't bring out their best flavor. But now ... mmmm. I can't resist!
DeleteAh, I love the Smitten Kitchen. Thanks for the link.
ReplyDeleteMe too - all my fave recipes are from there. Even if she posts about something I'm not interested in cooking, I love reading her stories and looking at her pics. So inspiring!
DeleteI love brussel sprouts, just love them!!
ReplyDeleteKathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com/
I'm a new fan but a true one!
DeleteCourgette (do you call them zucchinis?) tempura.
ReplyDeleteIn the US, it's a zucchini, in Switzerland, it's a courgette; in any language, it's delicious! Do you deep-fry them yourself?
DeleteNo, I am too chicken to deep fry at home. It is a restaurant only treat for me. There is a Japanese in my home town that do the most wonderful tempura and the courgette and squid are my favorites.
Delete