Sunday, September 02, 2012

Fire [photo challenge].

I'm beginning to think that you can tell a lot about people from the care they take in stacking their firewood.

taken for EmHart's September Photo Challenge.

16 comments:

  1. wow, nice wood-stacking! :-)
    love the picture.....reminds me of cold winter evenings with a cozy fireplace....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it! Wasn't done by me, though ... it wouldn't like like that if it had been!

      Delete
  2. Love this picture. Makes me want to have a Bon fire!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that your woodpile?! Hubs would be coveting this woodpile right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. We have no fireplace - just radiators and a kitty to warm our feet by ;)

      Delete
  4. I spent every childhood summer that I can remember stacking wood. Arms out, spin around, walk up the hill, into the shed,hand off to my sister. Repeat x10,000. It's funny that even now, I comes rushing back each time I see a wood pile. Winter is coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like hard work, but what a sweet memory of time spent with your sister. Yes, winter is coming, and I can't wait!

      Delete
  5. This is a conversation my husband and I had while in Washington earlier this year. One of our friends had the most methodical wood stacking process I've ever seen. Our other friend just left it in a big wet pile in the rain. Both of their wood stacking methods reflect the way they approach so many things in life. Also, I know you've already been nominated, but I nominated you again: http://theyellowblanket.wordpress.com/2012/09/05/one-lovely-blog-award/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I was thinking! Here in Switzerland, though, most seem to take the former approach ....

      Thank you kindly for the nomination - that's very sweet! I'm coming over to see.

      Delete
  6. My little brother and I were responsible for gathering kindling and my parents took care of the firewood. At least my brother and I were not careful about it. We just wanted to be done with the chore and back to playing instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least the kindling can just be kind of thrown into a pile and left like that. Right?

      Delete
  7. You could frame that and put it on your wall. Absolutely stunning picture my dear.

    ReplyDelete

Your words brighten my day! Thank you for taking the time to let me know what you're thinking.