Although I hesitated about finishing the challenge with a photo that I took at the beginning of the month, during our holiday, I couldn't but think of today's prompt when noticing the moon-shaped edge of the dam holding back this lake.
| taken for EmHart's September Photo Challenge. |
The flat opaque turquoise color is due to the glacial sediment the water contains. It looks almost unreal under the alpine sun, like an unpolished turqoise stone.
And in case you're wondering about "the other side of the moon," here it is, with the little speck of red that is Gilles in the top right corner to provide a bit of perspective. It's not Switzerland's highest, but it's impressive nonetheless!
(Oh, and as for Indian Summer, the prompt for September 28? Well, Friday was a beautiful day, the epitome of such an epithet, but I was too occupied with my nervous breakdown to take a photo – I didn't even get my pumpkin spice latte! – and the rest of the weekend proved too uninspiring for a catch-up. So. 29/30 isn't too shabby!)
These are beautiful!!!!
ReplyDeleteIf it looks that pretty in a photo, I bet it's even more pretty in person!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures!!
ReplyDeleteThat looks awesome! Makes me want to take a vacation!
ReplyDeleteI've *really* enjoyed your photos this month. Each one was a tiny insight into you and your life. And with those beautiful photographs, brought beautiful your beautiful news. Congrats again my friend.
ReplyDeleteOh goodness! Those pictures are ammmmmazing!!!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a really beautiful spot. Congrats for completing the photo challenge, I have enjoyed following along, well done.
ReplyDeleteThe colour of that water is amazing.
ReplyDeleteI remember staring at the water in Switzerland...wondering how it could be so blue. Thank you for solving that mystery :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you get your pumpkin spice latte soon!