Sunday, September 09, 2012

Honey [photo challenge].

My dad keeps bees, which is much appreciated by Gilles, a honey-lover to rival any adorable illustrated bear. At our wedding, guests were gifted with a jar of my dad's backyard delicacy and a bar of Swiss chocolate, each wrapped and labeled simply as a little taste of our respective homelands.

Gilles brought some of his imported stash on holiday with us so he could enjoy his alpine breakfast of champions: rich and strong pain de seigle valaisan slathered in the sweet hard work of my dad's bees.

taken for EmHart's September Photo Challenge.

14 comments:

  1. My father keeps bees too! Honey was also the favor from our wedding...it was put into cute little 3oz bear bottles. I'm enjoying all your pics so far from the photo challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a cute idea! I hope you kept a few little bears for yourselves, too - we still have a jar of wedding honey on our shelf.

      Delete
  2. I love honey. And I'm sure I'd love it even more if my dad was a beekeeper -- how very cool! And your beautiful photo makes that honey look more delicious than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooooo my....your photos have been beautiful!! Makes me want to go on a vacation there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - looking at them makes me want to go right back too!

      Delete
  4. I love the look of that bread. That is one thing you can't get in the UK, really good dark bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This kind is a specialty of that region; you can't really find it where we live, either, only at farmers' markets and the like. The baker was telling us how to make it - apparently it needs to be left to rise for twelve hours!

      Delete
  5. Yum, and yeah, missing the dark rye bread. Have to start baking more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I were you, I'd skip the bread and stick with the cinnamon rolls - those looked too good!

      Delete
  6. I wish I had something as wonderful (and scrumptious) to show after a hard day at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't say I've ever been so wonderfully productive either ...

      Delete

Your words brighten my day! Thank you for taking the time to let me know what you're thinking.