Saturday, September 01, 2012

Beginning [photo challenge].

The beginning ... of what ended as a hearty soup that will warm and nourish us in days to come. (It's snowing now, and it'll be snowing then, in the corner of the Alps where we're headed on Monday. So much for late-summer hiking – but bring on the early-winter cabin-ing!)

taken for EmHart's September Photo Challenge.


13 comments:

  1. Those tomatoes look so yummy! Enjoy your time in the Alps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful photo. Hope you enjoy your time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snowing! I'm green with envy. It is 110 degrees here. Snow is my favorite...(and tomatoes)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pic. I hope you have a wonderful trip. Take some snow pics for us hot weather dwellers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those tomatoes look fantastic! I hope the soup and the hike was equally beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photo and beautiful tomatoes! Makes me want soup. NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmmm....tomato soup, my favorite!!
    oh, and it's snowing already???!!! I really miss the mountains.....I hope you have a wonderful trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's just inspired me to have a cheese and tomato sandwich. Nom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photo. And can't wait to hear/see about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is something about European cream of tomato soup that I *have not* been able to replicate in my own kitchen. Almost worth a plane ticket over just to indulge again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just want to bite into one. They look so juicy and sweet and sharp at the same time, and I love the musty garden smell a real tomato from the vine has.

    ReplyDelete

Your words brighten my day! Thank you for taking the time to let me know what you're thinking.