Friday, September 21, 2012

Peace [photo challenge].

You, all of you ... what can I say? I'm not sure I have words to express how deeply I am touched by your messages of hope and understanding and happiness for us. Each one of you found the perfect way to reach out to me and to hold me as I try to regain my footing on this newly slippery path.

I cried a lot yesterday – fear, stress, frustration at a certain thigh-side manner – but the sweetest tears that fell were those brought on by your kindness.

There is nobody in my non-bloggie world who I can really talk about this with. Finding here your understanding, compassion, sensitivity, and support has been truly life-changing. Where would I be without you? Here's hoping I never have to find out.

Thank you, friends, from the bottom of my heart.

***

This is the result from yesterday's blood draw (yes indeed, in addition to the fruitless transvag invasion, there was one of these).

taken for EmHart's September Photo Challenge.
It's in the low range of normal for the fourth week, the doctor said. I didn't think to ask how he defined that timeframe. Betabase puts the median for 15dpo as 139. That makes my number slightly higher than average for a more precise point in time. I like that better.

The next test is tomorrow morning, with results not available until Monday. Monday! We're going to a massive wedding tomorrow afternoon, evening, night, and probably wee hours of the morning-after, too, so at first it flashed into my mind that a few festive refreshments would chase away my anxiety ... but on reconsideration, that wouldn't do very well, would it?

So until then, even though I'm still terrified that the past will repeat itself, even though we're nowhere near ready to rejoice, I will try to gratefully accept the moment of peace that this number, as well as your words, have brought to me.

55 comments:

  1. A good round number! yay! I am hoping hoping hoping for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last week a co-worker gave me a non-alcoholic bottle of champagne (bottle said "alcohol removed"). It was actually quite tasty. Maybe you can find some in your corner of the world if you feel up to a quiet toast with Gilles this weekend. Or Monday. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I clearly love your idea, since I had actually bought a bottle of non-alcy sparkly stuff on Wednesday, but we both agreed it didn't feel right to open it yet. It's stuffed rather randomly in our living room closet until the moment comes. I hope it will be soon.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations from the bottom of my heart x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And many thanks and sweet thoughts to you, dear friend, from the bottom of mine xxxx

      Delete
  4. Congratulations that is a great beta! Easier said than done, but try and find ways to distract yourself between now and Monday... go see a movie or two, go out to dinner, go shopping, etc!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's all about the distraction! I think a good movie is on tonight's agenda - after a little blog catch-up, of course :) Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations to you and Gilles :) ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!! That is a great number and I don't think it is low at all. So happy for you and hoping and praying the good news continues! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, D! I am feeling better about the number now after deciding that the doc was probably looking at the range for the entire fourth week, not just the first day or two of it.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on this number! I hope Monday comes quickly with wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe he told you that was low. My clinic says they are happy with anything over 50 at 14dpo. I never had anything over 100 for my first draw....both were 14-15dpo...one was in the 60's, one in the 70's and my RE said those were lovely singleton numbers. I have two babies from these numbers. The important thing is that it doubles in 36-48 hours....I can't beleive they are making you wait through the weekend. You should mark stat on you lab slip...I always did and got them faster..tee hee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the reassurance - it's wonderful to hear that your numbers on those days led to a couple of real little people.

      Delete
  9. amazing... thinking of you guys this weekend and hoping for more good news next week. I hope you manage to enjoy the wedding - festive beverage or not :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We are hoping too, but the amazing wedding definitely helped me keep from obsessing about it too much. Thank goodness for the happy couple!

      Delete
  10. Your doctor is nuts. That number is PERFECT. Good luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling more confident about it now. Thank you for helping with that!

      Delete
  11. Oh how absolutely WONDERFUL!!!! I'm so friggin' excited for you guys....that beta is gorgeous. Just gorgeous! Congrats (even though I know you're still anxious....try a little Bach's Rescue Remedy instead of the wedding spirits)!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Maria! I really appreciate your excitement and hope to be there myself soon. In the meantime, I found sparkling water to be almost as soothing on the nerves ... almost.

      Delete
  12. I'm so glad you got some reassurance, and so dismayed about not getting your next results until Mon. The waiting...I know it well. Sucks that you can't drink at the wedding. Just do the best you can to get through this time and take care of yourself, ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that I am trying to do. The Twizzlers I'm munching on now definitely help. I appreciate your thoughts!

      Delete
  13. That is a beautiful number, my friend. I am so very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! Congratulations. That number is GORGEOUS. It's gonna be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know anything about what your number should or should not be, but as long as it is in the normal range, I would celebrate it! Have a fantastic weekend and I look forward to hearing good news on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! That is an excellent number. Looking forward to seeing Monday's post. Take care of yourself this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thinking of you! Hoping those numbers go up up up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sending you all the hope in the world darling! That is a good number!! Hold onto that fact that You Are Pregnant!!!!!!! :) :) Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't seem like "fact" yet, although technically it must be. These days, I think I see pregnancy more as a scale of grey. But yes, you're right! Thank you for the wishes.

      Delete
  19. What a great number!! My firsr beta with my DS was a 33 at 15dpiui. Lots of doubling and sticky vibes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Leslie! All the vibes are much appreciated.

      Delete
  20. Congratulations, my dear! Clearly I've been under a rock or something the past few days, and I am sooooo behind--but this is fantastic news, and a great beta! I totally get your fears and anxiety, but I hope you can enjoy this weekend and get good news on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Daryl, I certainly appreciate your well wishes! I'm really looking forward to some good news tomorrow too. Now just to get through the rest of the weekend ... aagh.

      Delete
  21. Greetings from ICLW! That's a great number btw-congratulations. I have nothing but hope for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming over, as well as for the wishes. I love your blog name (well, other than what it means for your reality) and look forward to learning more about your story, too.

      Delete
  22. This made my heart smile :) I'm waiting right with you through this weekend until you get the next result. I'm so hopeful for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marwil, I can feel your support and it means the world to me.

      Delete
  23. Oh, congrats!!!! I missed some posts this week and seeing this made me smile!!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful news! I hope those numbers keep going up. I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh goodness! I missed this. Best of luck fro tomorrow's results.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, I completely missed your amazing news! Congratulations, lady!! Hoping you get great news tomorrow. I know how nerve-racking it is while you're waiting. Positive thoughts and sticky baby dust! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily - looks like we might have a pair of blogiverse twins! Thank you for your sweet wishes, which I have for you too.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! Just seen your latest post - your doubling times are awesome! So happy for you! :)

      Delete
  27. That number is wonderful much higher then mine had been in my forth week!!! So incredibly happy for you!!!! I hope Monday sends that number up, up, and away!!! Sooooo exciting, nerve racking time this is, please do promise to take a moment of joy in this .... you so deserve this my dear .... hugs from afar - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ali - I think we are finally ready to take a little moment to celebrate. I so appreciate your support and excitement (and I am smiling at your little puggy face right below that of Emily's).

      Delete

Your words brighten my day! Thank you for taking the time to let me know what you're thinking.